Unity 3D Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality Developer
Who We Are
Spatial’s mission is to empower people to be more connected, creative, and productive. Organizations are increasingly distributed across offices and information doesn’t flow easily. Success depends on people working together. Our first product enables people to collaborate from anywhere with AR.
Our founders have deep backgrounds in 3D user interfaces. Co-Founder Anand Agarawala sold his previous startupBumpTop(a 3D, physics, multi-touch desktop) to Google, also demoed in a TED talk. Co-Founder Jinha Lee developed pioneering AR interfaces at MIT, Microsoft, and Samsung, and showed them in his TED talk. We are a passionate team of 3D Design and AR/VR experts based in New York and San Francisco.
Spatial raised a seed round from investors including iNovia Capital, Expa (founded by Uber’s Co-Founder), Lerer Hippeau, and Samsung NEXT, as well as angels including Mark Pincus (Founder of Zynga), Andy Hertzfeld (Co-Inventor of the Macintosh), and Joi Ito (Director of the MIT Media Lab).
We are currently working with Ford, Shopify, and Microsoft, and exploring partnerships with many Fortune 1000 companies. Our launch was covered in Forbes, Fast Company, Tech Crunch, Engadget, Inc among others.
- Prototype and build next generation AR/VR products in Unity3D/C#
- Work closely with the founders to concept and iterate on product ideas
- Build with the latest mixed reality hardware (HoloLens, Vive/Rift/Microsoft VR platform)
- 3D graphics programming experience with Unity, OpenGL, DirectX or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with C/C++/C#/Objective C or Java
- Amazing attention to detail, self-motivated and collaborative
- Passion for creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experiences
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Deep knowledge of Unity3D and C#
- Augmented or Virtual Reality development experience
- Experience with Kinect, Leap Motion, Gesture recognition
- User interface and rapid prototyping experience
- Simulated physics: cloth, springs, gravity flocking, particle systems experience
- Understanding of computer vision algorithms, spatial mapping, shaders
- Strong generalist/hacker spirit who tinkers with various emerging technologies
Please send resumes and links to past work (applications without project/work links will not be considered). Positions are full-time, based in New York City or San Francisco and include a competitive salary, benefits and an equity stake in the company.