AR Designer (NY or SF)
Who We Are
Spatial’s mission is to empower people to be more connected, creative, and productive. Organizations are increasingly distributed across offices and information doesn’t flow easily. Success depends on people working together. Our first product enables people to collaborate from anywhere with AR.
Our founders have deep backgrounds in 3D user interfaces. Co-Founder Anand Agarawala sold his previous startup BumpTop(a 3D, physics, multi-touch desktop) to Google, also demoed in a TED talk. Co-Founder Jinha Lee developed pioneering AR interfaces at MIT, Microsoft, and Samsung, and showed them in his TED talk. We are a passionate team of 3D Design and AR/VR experts based in New York and San Francisco.
Spatial raised a seed round from investors including iNovia Capital, Expa (founded by Uber’s Co-Founder), Lerer Hippeau, and Samsung NEXT, as well as angels including Mark Pincus (Founder of Zynga), Andy Hertzfeld (Co-Inventor of the Macintosh), and Joi Ito (Director of the MIT Media Lab).
We are currently working with Ford, Shopify, and Microsoft, and exploring partnerships with many Fortune 1000 companies. Our launch was covered in Forbes, Fast Company, Tech Crunch, Engadget, Inc among others.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by making compelling designs and concepts and expressing them in compelling visual and verbal ways, such as: stories, sketches, wireframes, flow diagrams, models, 2D/3D mockups, prototypes
- Clearly rationalize and justify design work, advocate for users’ needs.
- Iterate with developers to create compelling interactive demos.
- Interpret and translate complex technologies into simple and beautiful products and user experiences.
- Strong portfolio or reel of interaction, product, visual, or motion design examples.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, industrial), HCI, or a related field (in lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience required).
- Strong sense of aesthetics and understanding of visual design.
- Expert level proficiency in design tools (Figma, Adobe Suites)
- Strong 3D & motion skills (Cinema 4D, After Effect).
- Good understanding of the concept of usability and user-centric design.
- Ability to work with developers in a highly technical environment.
- Experience in designing gesture-based interactive demos (e.g. using Leap Motion / Kinect).
- Experience in 3D Modeling (Maya, 3D Max, Cinema 4D etc)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- 2 years of experience in designing UI/UX for software products
Please send resumes and links to past work (applications without project/work links will not be considered). Position is full-time, based in New York City or San Francisco and includes a competitive salary, benefits and an equity stake in the company.