3D Design Intern (NY or/and SF)
Who We Are
Spatial’s mission is to empower people to be more connected, creative, and productive. Organizations are increasingly distributed across offices and information doesn’t flow easily. Success depends on people working together. Our first product enables people to collaborate from anywhere with AR.
Our founders have deep backgrounds in 3D user interfaces. Co-Founder Anand Agarawala sold his previous startup BumpTop (a 3D, physics, multi-touch desktop) to Google, also demoed in a TED talk. Co-Founder Jinha Lee developed pioneering AR interfaces at MIT, Microsoft, and Samsung, and showed them in his TED talk. We are a passionate team of 3D Design and AR/VR experts based in New York and San Francisco.
Spatial raised a seed round from investors including iNovia Capital, Expa (founded by Uber’s Co-Founder), Lerer Hippeau, and Samsung NEXT, as well as angels including Mark Pincus (Founder of Zynga), Andy Hertzfeld (Co-Inventor of the Macintosh), and Joi Ito (Director of the MIT Media Lab).
We are currently working with Ford, Shopify, and Microsoft, and exploring partnerships with many Fortune 1000 companies. Our launch was covered in Forbes, Fast Company, Tech Crunch, Engadget, Inc among others.
- Design user interface and UX flow for collaborative AR experience.
- Create compelling visual and motion design language for 2D / 3D UIs.
- Create visual assets including 2D images, 3D models, and UI layout.
- Create compelling marketing materials including videos and website.
- Strong portfolio or reel of interaction, product, visual, or motion design examples.
- Strong sense of aesthetics and understanding of visual design.
- Strong 3D & motion skills (Cinema 4D, After Effect).
- Proficient in design tools (Figma, Adobe Suites)
- Proficient in video editing (Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro)
- Experience in 3D Modelling (Maya, 3D Max)
- Experience in designing UI/UX for software products
Please send resumes and links to past work (applications without project/work links will not be considered). Internship is full-time, based in New York City or San Francisco and includes a competitive wage.