Backend / Systems Engineer
Who We Are
Spatial is a venture-backed Augmented Reality startup software company. We are building the foundational apps for AR as the next computing platform. The founding team has deep backgrounds in 3D user interfaces. Co-Founder Anand Agarawala sold his previous startup BumpTop (a 3D, physics, multi-touch desktop) to Google, also demoed in a TED talk. Co-Founder Jinha Lee developed award winning 3D interfaces at MIT, Microsoft and Samsung and also showed them at TED. Spatial is funded by some of the best firms in Silicon Valley including the seed investors in Uber, AirBnB and Zynga.
We're looking for an experienced back end engineer who will build a scalable real-time communications platform using the latest technologies like Go, Docker, Micro-services, etc. The system will have to support sessions with large number of users joining all from all over the world, providing webrtc based streaming audio/video and client networking. The system will also manage user accounts, data serialization, content storage/retrieval, account security etc and connect a variety of devices (AR/VR headsets, phones, web).
Join our high calibre team and craft magical user experiences that help define the future of computing in Augmented Reality!
- Develop services to support interactions between phones, web, and AR/VR devices
- Implement websocket protocols to support real-time AR/VR experiences
- Architect scalable microservices that grow according to demand
- Implement client-side APIs which take maximal advantage of backend services
- Set up monitoring of all systems to watch and diagnose overall system health
- Experience implementing scalable backend services
- Experience designing, implementing, and expanding REST APIs
- Expertise in structuring, migrating, and versioning data in NoSQL databases
- Proficient at deploying and monitoring services on AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/etc.
- Deep knowledge of developing backend services in Go
- Experience developing with MongoDB
- Experience designing real-time protocols over websockets
- Experience configuring and deploying services using Ansible playbooks
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of C# and some experience writing Unity scripts
This position is full-time, based in New York City and include a competitive salary, benefits and an equity stake in the company.